Akro-Mils Company Timeline
Louis and Isidore Myers found Akro-Mils in Akron, Ohio on October 4, 1946. Isidore is put in charge of the company.
Akro-Mils is named for Akron + the brothers, Myer, Isidore, and Louis along with their original last name, Schneiderman.
Some of the first products manufactured by Akro-Mils are steel cabinets with plastic drawers for the consumer market.
By the mid '50s, Akro-Mils regularly exhibits at trade shows with our various metal cabinets.
The 1960s sees an expansion of plastic boxes and other small parts containers manufactured from polystyrene.
We build our first new manufacturing plant on Waterloo Road in Akron on property already being leased by sister company Myers Tire Supply.
By 1970 the company adopts a new logo design that signifies organization and stacked plastic boxes.
The introduction of our flagship product — the AkroBin®. AkroBins continue to be the industry-leading hanging and stacking bin.
Akro-Mils moves in to our Wadsworth, Ohio plant.
Akro-Mils enters the Lawn & Garden market, manufacturing PlasTerra flower pots.
The Akro-Mils website celebrates our 50th Anniversary.
We design and introduce the ProCart™, a structural foam utility cart. Patented side gates on the upper and lower shelves flip down to convert this cart from a box-top to a flat-top.
Akro-Mils purchases RB/Dura Manufacturing in Sandusky, Ohio, a maker of material handling carts.
A modern powder-coating finishing operation is added in the Sandusky plant.
Akro-Mils moves it's corporate headquarters to Myers Industries' L.S. Myers Training Center in Akron.
Akro-Mils leads innovation of Kanban inventory management systems with the introduction of the bi-color Indicator® Bin.
Akro-Mils advances AS/RS tote technology with the introduction of Multi-Load Tote.
Akro-Mils builds a new warehouse facility across the street from our Wadsworth plant.
Akro-Mils celebrates its 70th anniversary.